what’s on the mind of people seeking IAM solutions
Mark Diodati from Burton Group put together an article about what he sees his clients asking about. what surprised me were some of the categories he used. something like “Access Management” is so broad that it acts as a catch all. not surprisingly it gets second place after “Authentication” with 14.4% to authN’s 22.5%. Of course, authN is also pretty broad, but “Access Management” can cover just about every topic relevant to IAM given the chance. to be fair, i’m not sure what you can do about an issue like this. when you’re asking people to classify their comments, there’s only so specific you can get before you confuse or bore.
complaints about methodology aside, there was not much that’s surprising here. a lot of it mirrors our own 7 projects, those tactical goals that are the eggs and juice of the IAM healthy breakfast. If there was any surprise, it was “Federation” at 5.4% and “Authorization and Entitlement Management” at 4.4%. It seems like that’s all IAM folks and many clients want to talk about. But maybe a lot of that buzz got sucked into “Access Management” where it could rightfully belong.
About the Identity Sander
- "So what you mean is we don't need policy now because you guys can fix it all later, right?" Um. No. Not really. #security #facepalm:: 58 minutes ago
- and #hacker movie trivia. @securityweekly shames me with one I really should have got /cc @InfoSec_World (2/2) youtube.com/watch?v=WjrvxJ…...:: 1 day ago
- First, the serious bit of #security #philosophy with @securityweekly at the #InfoSec con /cc @InfoSec_World (1/2) youtube.com/watch?v=NeC8hi…...:: 1 day ago
- Yes & don't forget AD #AuthN & data access - Clean Break: Block Ex-Employees' Access inforisktoday.com/clean-break-bl… by @euroinfosec #security #IAM:: 1 day ago
- I sometimes wonder if some of the people really upset about online #privacy overlap with people screaming #PII into mobiles on NYC streets:: 2 days ago
- RT @STEALTHbits: WEBINAR: 1 day left to register! Solve the #IAM blindspot & adopt a better #InfoSec posture @sanderiam @joe_carson | https…:: 2 days ago
- math giveth #encryption, and math will take it away youtu.be/12Q3Mrh03Gk #security via @PBSInfinite:: 5 days ago
- RT @STEALTHbits: 5 Trends for Security Professionals #infosec #GDPR, @sanderiam bit.ly/2oXYC5P:: 1 week ago